| Tuesday 16 July 2019 | |

Chapter 1

Fraser: I can’t believe we are getting engaged.
Dahlia: Yes, neither can I.
Fraser: This is like a wild dream come true; I never thought my dreams would be fulfilled in this way.
Dahlia: Well, everything happens for a reason. For me, I needed the calm at the house.
Fraser: What do you mean? I thought your folks were great with you.
Dahlia: They are great with me but these days they are fighting with each other.
Fraser: I hope this marriage is
not breaking your family apart.
Dahlia: It is not. In fact, you are the only thing they all agree to.
Fraser: What are they fighting about? If they are fighting over the expenditure I can help.
Dahlia: I wish it was only that. Things have been torn ever since Nick disappeared.
Fraser: He has not returned your calls yet?
Dahlia: No, and I am so upset that the last time I talked to him, we were fighting.
Fraser: This is not something I would want you to think so close to the wedding. Think about all the good stuff.
Dahlia: I mean I know he never approved of you but what was I supposed to do? Leave the love of my life because my brother was a jerk?
Fraser: This is not your fault. I am sure that your brother would agree too.
Dahlia: No, this is entirely my fault. My poor brother did not have anyone else to rely on.
Fraser: What are you talking about? Your brother changed girlfriends every week. | What is done is done, now you must get on to planning that secret getaway with your girls.
Dahlia: How do you know about all that?
Fraser: You told me about it weeks ago.
Dahlia: Oh, you remember even the slightest things I say.
Fraser: All because I love you. Now straighten your face and give me a smile.
Dahlia: You know I could have prevented him from becoming what he did.
Fraser: How many times do I have to tell you that this is not your fault?
Dahlia: You know, he was so good to me as a child.
Fraser: Okay, that is it. If that is all you want to talk about, I am out of here.
Dahlia: What do you want to talk about?
Fraser: There are a million things I would like to talk about. We are getting married, for heaven’s sake.
Dahlia: Okay, fine! Would you like to talk about my wedding dress when I have purchased it over the existence of my brother?
Photo of a yellowing wedding dress
Fraser: Your brother was not a good man.
Dahlia:  How would you know that? You have never met him.
Fraser: All I am saying is that I remember how he used to scare you and keep you away from being happy.
Dahlia: Are you going to hold me accountable for what I might have said in a fit of rage?
Fraser: This is clearly not working. You need a moment to yourself and I will give it to you. See you soon.
Dahlia: Okay, bye! God, I did not know you hated him so much.
Fraser: I just did not like you crying because of him.
Dahlia: Well, congratulations, now I am crying because of you.

Chapter 2

Fraser: Hey! How are you?
Dahlia: I am fine! Listen, I am sorry about the other night.
Fraser: It is okay, you know I love you. | Well, at least, you apologize.
Dahlia: I was just so angry at the killer of my brother.
Fraser: Oh, so you are still angry at him.
Dahlia: Do you know if it was a man?
Fraser: How would I know about him? I barely knew the guy.
Dahlia: Well, you said him.
Fraser: I generalized without thinking. I am sorry.
Dahlia: No, it is okay.
Fraser: So are we good?
Dahlia: Of course, we are good. Look, my brother had been a big part of my life and it is just not easy losing someone like that.
Fraser: It is okay, you can mourn for your brother.
Dahlia: I think you were right to some extent that night.
Fraser: I was?
Dahlia: Yes, I mean; he did have problems.
Fraser: Yes, now you see.
Dahlia: I mean the problems went way back before you came into my life.
Fraser: That is exactly what I have been trying to tell you.
Dahlia: And in addition to that, he was never good with his anger.
Photo of an angry man
Fraser: I could recall how he used to beat you.
Dahlia: But that was not all of it. The one thing that I really hated about that man was that he never ever considered me an independent woman.
Fraser: Do you remember how he used to boss you around?
Dahlia: And he got me to break up with at least, three ex-boyfriends.
Fraser: It was almost as if he was living in the stone-age.
Dahlia: You know the first thing that attracted me towards you was that you gave me the respect I deserved.
Fraser: And I will always respect you, no matter what.
Dahlia: I was a fool to have let him control my life like this.
Fraser: Don’t be so hard on yourself. A lot of people were fooled by his arrogance.
Dahlia: Who else got affected by my brother’s behavior?
Fraser: You entire family suffered because of him. It was not just you.
Dahlia: How about we meet some place and forget all about Nick?
Fraser: I would love to do it but I am kind of busy right now. How about tomorrow night?
Dahlia: Sounds perfect to me. You know how I was thinking that I have at least one honest man in my life.
Fraser: Well, we all lie at some point.
Dahlia: Not you. I am sure that you are everything that my brother never was.
Fraser: Let us hope that we never fall into bad times again.
Dahlia: We will not, I am sure of it.
Fraser: You know I am not an angel, don’t you?
Dahlia: I swear, I will never break up with you, no matter what.

Chapter 3

Fraser: That was fun. I hope your father does not know what we did all night.
Dahlia: My father was never a threat to me. The only threat to me is now gone.
Fraser: You know I have never seen you so happy in my life.
Dahlia: That is because this is the happiest moment of my life.
Fraser: Look, there is something I need to tell you.
Dahlia: What is it?
Fraser: I really don’t want to ruin your mood, but this needs to be said.
Dahlia: Come on, don’t be so coy. Tell me what is on your mind.
Fraser: You do remember that you said you wouldn’t leave me no matter what?
Dahlia: Oh! You are the sweetest thing that ever happened to me.
Fraser: What are you talking about?
Dahlia: I know what you are trying to tell me. I already know your secret.
Fraser: What secret might that be?
Dahlia: I know that you haven’t called the chef for the wedding dinner yet.
Photo of a long wedding table set with food.
Fraser: How did you know about that?
Dahlia: Because I am keeping a list of things that need to be done.
Fraser: But that is not what I wanted to talk to you about tonight.
Dahlia: No, I know it is more serious than the appointment with the chef.
Fraser: Exactly. That is what I have been trying to tell you. This is serious stuff.
Dahlia: Arranging where the guests would be sitting is a serious business.
Fraser: What?!
Dahlia: I know you haven’t done that too. Basically, you have done nothing for this wedding to easier, but I understand.
Fraser: You do?
Dahlia: Of course, I do. You are a guy. Why on earth would you be interested in the flower arrangement?
Fraser: That is true but you are not letting me talk.
Dahlia: Why do you want to blame yourself for everything that is happening in the fuss of the wedding ceremony?
Fraser: What do you mean?
Dahlia: I mean I have already told you that I would not leave you no matter what. Why are you so eager on putting that theory to test?
Fraser: Because I think I should be honest to you about everything before we get married.
Dahlia: You think I have been lying to you about something?
Fraser: No! I know you are honest, my love. I really do, but I need a chance to be honest too.
Dahlia: Look, anything you have not done from the list of chores which were handed down to you, it is okay.
Fraser: This is not about the wedding.
Dahlia: Then what is it about?
Fraser: I want to confess to something, but you need to listen with an open mind.
Dahlia: What exactly do you mean by an open mind?
Fraser: Are you standing? Please, sit down.
Dahlia: Oh no!
Fraser: What is it?
Dahlia: I think I know exactly what is going on.

Chapter 4

Dahlia: What are you trying to say?
Fraser: I wanted to tell you this in person but I did not have what it took to face you.
Dahlia: What are you saying?
Fraser: I know it may seem cruel that I am taking so long to tell you what happened, but you must understand, these maybe the last moments I have with you.
Dahlia: Are you leaving me? | Are you joking about this?
Fraser: No, I am not leaving you. You are the one person I have loved the most in my life.
Dahlia: Then what is the problem? You are seriously scaring me.
Fraser: The problem is that we all make mistakes and some of the mistakes are bigger than others.
Dahlia: I don’t think I follow what you are saying.  What mistakes have you made?
Fraser: Would you leave me if I tell you?
Dahlia: I told you I was not going to leave you, no matter what.
Fraser: Even if what I am about to tell you hurts your feelings?
Dahlia: Oh God!
Fraser:  What is it? Look, give me a chance to explain.
Dahlia: I should have known about this.
Fraser: Known about what? Look, it was an accident. I really wanted to tell you but you are so sensitive about the subject.
Dahlia: Who is she?
Fraser: What? Who is who?
Dahlia: Don’t you dare play that game with me. Who is that woman?
Fraser: What woman? I don’t know what you are talking about, but you need to listen to my side of the story before you jump to conclusions.
Dahlia: I have heard enough, I think. Are you telling me about who she is or do I have to come there and find out?
Fraser: Look, I am completely lost here. What are you talking about?
Dahlia: We make mistakes? It was an accident? Surely, you are sleeping with another woman.
Photo of a woman dressed in suggestive clothes.
Fraser: OHH! No, love, I am completely faithful to you, I promise.
Dahlia: But you just told me that it was an accident. That you did not mean for the events to turn the way they did.
Fraser: Yes, I did say that, but I am talking about something completely different.
Dahlia: If you are not talking about other women, what are you talking about?
Fraser: I don’t know how to say this. But I think you must brace yourself for it.
Dahlia: For what?! Oh my God! You are using?
Fraser: Using what? I am not on drugs, love. You need to listen to me. There is a problem and that problem needs to be sorted before we get married.
Dahlia: Okay that is a relief. If you are not using drugs and you are not cheating, I don’t think there is any other thing fatal enough to affect our relation.
Fraser: Are you sure about that? You seemed awfully close to your brother.
Dahlia: Yes, I did. But he made his own choice when he walked away from this house.
Fraser: How sure are you that he walked away?
Dahlia: What? You are on his side now?
Fraser: I am just saying that I know more about your brother than I let on. And I may also know what happened to him.
Dahlia: And you kept this a secret from me? Is that your secret? Well, I don’t blame you for trying to protect me.
Fraser: But I really want you to know what happened to him. Where he is right now and how he got there.
Dahlia: Is he using drugs? Is he in jail? Tell me where he is? I need to help him.
Fraser: I think you can’t help him anymore. No one can help him anymore.
Dahlia: What are you saying, Fraser. You have been at it for almost half an hour now and I cannot take any more guesses.
Fraser: I only am telling you because I love you and this is a difficult decision for me.
Dahlia: Get it over with!
Fraser: Your brother is dead.
Dahlia: OH MY GOD! WHAT? WHY? HOW? WHEN?
Fraser: It is a long story and I don’t want you to get into the gruesome details of his murder.
Dahlia: HE WAS MURDERED?? AND YOU KEPT THIS FROM ME? DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT ME?
Fraser: You need to listen to me, okay? It was an accident and he came at me.
Dahlia: Wait a minute? What do you mean he came at you? You were involved in all this?
Fraser: That is what I have been trying to tell you all night. I think I may have accidentally killed Nick.

Chapter 5

Fraser: Look, don’t get mad. Let me explain.
Dahlia: What is there to explain? My brother is dead and my fiancé is the murderer?
Fraser: It is not like that! He came at me and attacked it, I had to fight him. It was all self–defense.
Dahlia: Do the cops know about this?
Fraser: No, of course not. I hid the body somewhere but I swear to you it was an accident.
Dahlia: How did he die?
Fraser: Look, Dahlia.
Dahlia: You told me there were gruesome details about this death. How did he die?
Fraser: He fell from a cliff.
Dahlia: Oh my God! You threw him off the cliff? Is that how much you hated him?
Fraser: It was an accident and I did not throw him off the cliff.
Dahlia: Oh, then why did you hide that body? Let me tell you why, because you did it.
Fraser: I swear to you Dahlia, it was an accident. I was standing there because he wanted to meet me there.
Dahlia: My brother would have never met you before the wedding. I made him promise that.
Fraser: And he was such an honest man, right?
Dahlia: At least, he did not kill his fiancé’s brother and hid the fact for so long.
Fraser: So long? This happened two weeks ago.
Dahlia: I knew something was wrong with Nick. He would have never abandoned me, no matter what.
Fraser: He tried to kill me! | Do you even care about me?
Dahlia: How do I believe in what you are saying? From where I am standing, you are the one alive and he is the one dead.
Fraser: Please don’t leave me.
Dahlia: Oh, trust me, you have bigger problems on your plate right now.
Fraser: Are you going to hand me over to the cops?
Dahlia: I just need to stay away from you for some time.
Fraser: Dahlia, I am so sorry. I really did not want to kill him. I love you, why would I do that to you?
Dahlia: He was right about you. I had been too blind in love to see you for what you really were.
Fraser: Please don’t leave me. Give me a chance to explain. I love you!
Dahlia: Don’t message me again unless I message you. And if I were you, I would start looking for an attorney.
A few hours later
Fraser: Dahlia, I am so sorry.
Dahlia: I don’t know why you did, what you did, but I think it was very cruel.
Fraser: I am so sorry, babe. Just hand me over to the cops, but know that I love you.
Dahlia: I mean, maybe you wanted to call off the wedding or maybe it was a prank of some sort.
Fraser: Believe me, all I have done today is told the truth.
Dahlia: You know I should be relieved that whatever you said earlier was bullshit. I just can’t think of a reason why you would lie about such a sensitive subject.
Fraser: I was telling you the truth. Why don’t you believe me? You think I wanted to make you cry?
Dahlia: Whatever your reasons were, I still want you to complete all your chores before the wedding.
Fraser: We are going to have the wedding?
Dahlia: If you don’t want to, I can cancel.
Fraser: I want to, baby. I really want to but what about your brother?
Dahlia: I know you did not kill him, Fraser. I don’t know why you would say such a thing.
Fraser: I told you the truth, if you don’t want to believe it that is okay. I just want you to know that I love you.
Dahlia: I love you too. And I get it. You wanted me to forget all about my brother and so you made me believe that he was dead.
Fraser: He is dead.
Dahlia: You can stop acting like a jerk now, Fraser. Despite your shortcomings, I knew you could never hurt another soul.
Fraser: Nick is dead.
Dahlia: Oh really? Then who is downstairs sitting in the TV lounge eating popcorns?
Photo of a man eating popcorn and sitting in front of the tv.
Fraser: But I killed him. I buried him near old creek river.
Dahlia: Ha-ha! Very funny!

0 comments:

Post a Comment