I can't remember

| Friday 5 July 2019 | |
Nana: Hello boy! 
William: Hey nana! How are you? 
Nana: I am fine, how are you? 
William: Have been busy, sorry I did not get a chance to visit you last week, I will make sure I come this weekend. 
Nana: I am sure you don’t want to come see me. I am nothing like your exciting friends. 
William: Come on, Nana! Why are you being so grumpy. 
Nana: It is just that no one listens to me anymore. 
William: What? Who didn’t listen to you? Was it Sally the nurse? 
Nana: It’s not just her. Everyone thinks I am losing my mind! 
William: And are you? 
Nana: That is not funny! You know what? Goodbye. 
William: Aww nana! Don’t be like that! I will listen to you, no matter what happens. 
Nana: So, you wouldn’t consider me crazy if I told you this place was haunted? 
William: Your old home is not haunted, Nana. If you want to come back home, I will come to get you. 
Nana: I am not joking, boy. I can tell you exactly what I see. 
William: See? As in more than once? 
Nana: Yes, that is what I have been trying to tell these people. 
William: Are you taking your medication on time? 
Nana: There it is! That skepticism again. 
William: Okay fine! Tell me what you see. 
Nana: It starts at three am at night. My body begins to shiver involuntarily. 
William: Have you told the nurse? 
Nana: Yes, I have. I thought I was having a seizure at first but then, the nurse shook me awake. 
William: What happens after that? 
Nana: I see this girl of about seventeen years old. She is hanging by the ceiling fan in my room. 
William: Did you watch a horror movie, Nana? 
Nana: I told you, no one takes me seriously. 
William: Okay, if you are not really pulling my leg, then what happens? 
Nana: Her neck breaks and she falls to the ground.  
William: Isn’t the bed directly under the fan? 
Nana: It is. That is what I am trying to tell you. 
William: But you don’t feel anything? You don’t feel her weight falling or the sound of her crashing on your bed. 
Nana: God, you make it worse than it actually is. 
William: Sorry. 
Nana: No, I do not hear or feel the crash, but I can see her severed head lying right on my chest. 
William: These are not healthy nightmares. 
Nana: Who told you these are nightmares? 
William: Nana, either they are nightmares or they are hallucinations. If you are taking your meds on time, there is no reason for you to hallucinate. 
Nana: So, you think all this happens in my head? How do you explain the temporary paralysis my body undergoes? 
William: It’s called sleep paralysis and it is quite common. In fact, most people get scary visions while they experience it. 
Nana: How long does this sleep paralysis goes? Because mine never stops before two hours once it starts. 
William: That is a serious problem. 
Nana: Exactly! Now, do you want to hear what happens next? 
William: Sure. Tell me all the details. 
Nana: Once the lady falls on my chest, her face changes to that of a rotting corpse.  
William: What was the last novel you read? 
Nana: See, there it is again. 
William: I am just trying to figure out where all these negative ideas are coming from. 
Nana: The ideas are coming from the spirits who died in this room before me. 
William: Or a graphic novel, or a movie? 
Nana: I don’t even have cable in here. 
William: Oh!  
Nana: Then there are the kids. 
William: What kids? No, children are not allowed to come to come inside that institution unless with a guardian. 
Nana: These children are no visitors; they had their faces mauled by some kind of acid attack. 
William: Did you ask the doctors to help them? 
Nana: Have you not been listening to me? They were dead Will, no one can help them now. 
William: How do you know they are dead? 
Nana: Same way I know that the man who keeps trying to suffocate me is dead too. 
William: Okay, that is it. If the haunting is in the old home, I am coming to get you. 
Nana: Your mother would never approve of it. 
William: I will take you to my apartment then. Mom is not in the country anyway. 
Nana: I just don’t want it to follow me around. 
William: It won’t!  
Nana: What won’t?  
William: Huh? 
Nana: What were we talking about? 
William: Your nightmares. 
Nana: What nightmares? 
William: You just told me that the old home is haunted. 
Nana: No, it isn't haunted. Are you crazy? 
William: But you just said it! Scroll the messages up and see for yourself. 
Nana: Some orderly must be having fun with an old man’s phone. 
William: So, there is no haunting? 
Nana: Nope. 
William: But you just told me that the place was haunted. 
Nana: Honestly, with the medications I take, I don’t know what I said. 
William: You don’t have to be embarrassed; I won't tell anyone why I picked you up from that place. 
Nana: Who said anything about picking me up? I am just fine! 
William: Okay, send me your username and password, I will log in and check what medication you are taking. 
Nana: I don’t remember. 
William: But you had it written somewhere. Check and get back to me. 
Nana: I think I am tired. I will go to sleep now. 
William: Let me check with my visiting documents, maybe I will find something there. 
Nana: Good luck with that! 
William: This is so weird, Nana. They updated the server twenty-seven minutes ago and it shows here that you are taking no meds at all. 
Nana: How is that possible. Maybe they made a clerical error. 
William: It says here that thirty minutes ago, you were found dead in your own room, suffocated with your own pillow. 
Nana: I am fine! Let me show you a selfie. See, I am just fine. 
William: Except your eyes are bleeding and your skin is grey. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment